Extinosad Lice, Fly & Maggot Eliminator Aerosol 370g
Blue spray antiseptic and insecticide.
Extinosad Aerosol for Wounds 370g
Features and benefits
- Ready-to-spray aerosol formulation
- Ideal for treating flystrike, mulesing and other wounds
- Quickly kills maggots and flies, even OP-resistant strains
- One can treats up to 20 average-sized wounds
- Contains antiseptic and scourable blue colouring
- Nil withholding periods for wool and meat
- Safe for open wounds
- Very high margin of safety for operators
Extinosad Aerosol for Wounds is registered for the treatment and prevention of blowfly (Lucilia cuprina) strike in mulesing, marking and other wounds of sheep, including strains resistant to organophosphate (OP) compounds.
Extinosad provides rapid control of maggots and blowflies, even OP-resistant strains. Australian and NZ trials have demonstrated 98.5% of struck Merino sheep and 100% of struck coarse wool (meat breed) sheep recovered completely after treatment with Extinosad.(1)
How Extinosad works
Extinosad contains the active ingredient, spinosad, which is derived from the naturally-occurring soil bacterium, Saccharopolyspora spinosa. Once absorbed or ingested by target insects, spinosad causes prolonged involuntary muscle contractions and tremors, resulting in paralysis and death. Spinosad has a high level of activity against a number of insect species, including the sheep body louse (Bovicola ovis) and the sheep blowfly (Lucilia cuprina) and its larvae. Spinosad is chemically unrelated to any other compound used in the Australian livestock industry.
- Shake well before use
- Clip or shear wool from over and around the wound
- Apply directly to wound and 25 mm into the surrounding wool
- Apply until wound and surrounding fleece is wet and “blue”
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes
Always read the label instructions before use
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Carnarvon Vet Hospital users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.